RSS

MISS WORLD GUYANA 2009 - Kaierouann Imarah SHAADE

PERSONAL INFORMATION

Name : Kaierouann Imarah Shaade
Age : 24
Height : 165
Languages : English, Spanish & French


BIOGRAPHY

Kaierouann is studying international relations and politics at university and plans to work for a non-governmental organisation with an interest in human rights. She enjoys scuba diving, swimming and tap dancing. Her favourite food is duck curry with roti. Kaierouann’s motto is “When opportunity knocks, always be prepared”.








INTERVIEW

Tell us about your job/studies

I have just completed a three year Bachelors degree in International Relations and Politics at Oxford Brookes University in Oxford England. I Graduated in June of this year. I have secured an unconditional offer of a place in London to study for a Masters degree in International Relations and Diplomacy which I have deferred for a year in order to take up the wonderful opportunity to represent Guyana at the Miss World Pageant. Any spare time I have is spent visiting and working with orphans at a children's home in Durban backlands. I have also been documenting my Beauty with a Purpose for the pageant and of course the work is ongoing. I have also been working with the Ministry of Tourism in their presentation of GuyExpo by helping to promote Tourism in Guyana under the environmental motto "Promoting Business in a Low Carbon Environment".

How are you preparing for Miss World in South Africa?

I am preparing both mentally and physically by eating healthily, going to the gym with my personal trainer everyday, getting lots of rest and trying to make sure everything is in place for when I travel to South Africa for the pageant. I am working closely with Guyanese designers for my various wardrobe requirements and it has been an amazingly creative journey thus far. I am also working hard for my presentation for Beauty with a Purpose.

What's your daily routine?

My daily routine consists of starting the day with a bowl of cereal and fresh fruit after which I check my schedule for the day. This consists of many meetings with a lot people who have been assisting me in preparations for the pageant. In the afternoon I go running in the national park to keep fit and go to the gym for fitness sessions with my personal trainer. In the evening I spend time with friends or family and also practice my talent piece for the competition.

How do you feel about travelling to South Africa?

I am ecstatic about travelling to South Africa as it will be a new part of Africa for me, having been to Egypt and Nigeria with their amazingly rich customs and culture, I am really looking forward to this trip and to see all that the country has to offer. I am so proud to be representing my country at the Miss World pageant, I know it will be a fantastic, unforgettable experience to meet many new people and become acquainted with the many facets of South African culture. South Africa also holds a lot of historic significance for me so I am looking forward to this incredible opportunity to visit one of the many lands of my Caribbean ancestors.

Which elements of Miss World are you most looking forward to?

I am looking forward to the experience as a whole. I am anticipating being a part of the top model, sports and talent segments of the pageant. The humanitarian aspect of this competition holds the most fascination for me and, I am anxious to see what projects the other contestants have undertaken in this regard. I am also looking forward to the Fraternal competition among the contestants not only from the wider perspective of being ambassadors for our countries, but as normal young women who go through the same things. I am excited at the prospect of forming lifelong friendships with the other contestants and learning about their respective countries. Last but not insignificantly I am sure the sightseeing will be stupendous!

Do you have a message to the other Miss World contestants?

I would like to express my best wishes to all of the other contestants on becoming fellow ambassadors for their countries. My message for you all is let us all use this incredible opportunity to come together on this special occasion to not only promote our countries, but also to assist in protecting and enhancing the world we live in for future generations to come. We are the future and together we can change the world.

What do you think are you qualities that youwill bring to the competition?

I will bring a well rounded, level headed, confident, charismatic and upbeat outlook on life and current affairs to the pageant. I can adapt quickly to changing situations and environments which is a useful skill in fast paced scenarios where thinking on your feet is necessary. I possess great leadership qualities but understand the absolute necessity of teamwork and getting on with my peers. I possess a great strength of character which has helped me cope with tragic circumstances in my life. My life's experience has left me with a great appreciation for different cultures and as such I am very accepting of others especially with respect to their values and culture.

What individual talents will seperate you from the other contestants?

I have the ability to relate to and communicate effectively with people from all walks of life which is a valuable skill in today's ever changing world. I am wise beyond my years and have always had natural intuition which has never failed me. I will be able to impart my knowledge and life's experience with the other contestants whilst at the pageant. I am a trained and qualified SSI and PADI open water and advanced open water diver. I have completed five specialties to become an advanced open water diver these are Deep, Navigational, Search and Recovery, Wreck and Underwater Naturalist diver. I have also been classically trained in ballet since age 3 and have learned numerous other forms of dance such as tap, modern, street dance, jazz and latin. I also sing and am a competitive flower arranger, having won many prizes in local flower shows.

What would it mean to you to do well at Miss World?

It would give me a great sense of fulfillment to do well at Miss World not just for my own personal satisfaction but also to make my family and country proud. The Miss World pageant would be the platform from which I would be able to launch myself into the great challenge of changing the world for the better through raising awareness and support for both environmental and charitable work all over the world. I would dedicate myself to reaching out to the under-privileged in societies all over the world in order to make a real difference to people’s lives. Doing well at Miss World would give me the opportunity to present to the world all that Guyana has to offer visitors, such as lush rain forests, majestic waterfalls, vast rivers, Guyana is renowned for its great variety of timber, gold, rum and sugar which are regarded as the best in the world. As an Ambassador I am inviting the other contestants as well as the wider world to discover Guyana through connecting with me during my time in South Africa.

What is your favourite landmark?

Although Guyana has many breath taking rivers, rain forests and water falls my favourite landmark would have to be the majestic Kaieteur water fall it is situated on the Potaro river in the Heart of the beautiful lush rainforest of the Kaieteur National Park it is one of the most naturally beautiful and unspoilt wonders of Guyana. It is the largest single drop waterfall in the world. It has a sheer drop of 741 feet. It is the combination of height and water volume which makes the Kaieteur water fall a sight like no other to behold. It is extremely peaceful and when I am there it generates a wonderful calm within my soul. It has the ability to inspire anyone who travels to see it because it is truly humbling to watch the awesome power of nature at work.

Who do you most admire?

First and foremost my mother because she is my rock. But when it comes to current world affairs, I would have to say President Barack Obama for all he has achieved thus far. He has broken down all boundaries and has inspired people of all races, cultures and ages to get involved in the political movement and caring for the environment in an active way.


PHOTO GALLERIES

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS