RSS

MISS WORLD THAILAND 2009 - Pongchanok KUNKLUB

PERSONAL INFORMATION

Name : Pongchanok KUNKLUB
Age : 18
Height : 174
Languages : Thai & English


BIOGRAPHY

Pongchanok is from Bangkok, the capital of Thailand. She is studying communication at university. She is a talented athlete, representing her country in taekwando. She has won gold medals in national games and her proudest moment was when she first represented her country in martial arts. Her motto is “Set your goal and reach for it, full of energy”.

INTERVIEW

Tell us about your job/studies

I am a freshman in the faculty of Mass Communications, major in Radio and Television.

How are you preparing for Miss World in South Africa?

I go to the fitness everyday to perfect my figure. I get a lot of personality training and polish my English at the same time. I read books about South Arica.I dedicate all my time, my heart and soul to be ready for Miss World Pageant because to be able to join this ultimate pageant means that I make my dream come true.

What's your daily routine?

As I am one of Thai national Taekwondo athlete team, I have to regularly train with my coach then go to exercise in the gym followed by running and back to train Taekwondo again. My life is so fresh and fun with this Martial Arts sport.

How do you feel about travelling to South Africa?

Really excited...there must be many superb reasons that South Africa is selected for the FIFA World Cup. And I wish I will find them all with the upcoming glamorous Blue Train trip across South Africa.

Which elements of Miss World are you most looking forward to?

I can’t wait to have friends from all over the world and to gain the beautiful life experiences that money can’t buy.

Do you have a message to the other Miss World contestants?

Let’s make Miss World 2009 be one of our most memorable moments in our life!

What do you think are you qualities that youwill bring to the competition?

The beautiful Thai smile, a kind heart to others and my full dedication to Miss World Pageant.

What individual talents will seperate you from the other contestants?

My ability to show the whole world how women can combine the different aspects of Women’s beauty through my martial arts; sweet but strong!

What would it mean to you to do well at Miss World?

To be one of Miss World fast track winners of course! And also my new friends from all over the world and the media know how wonderful Thai people and Thailand are.

What is your favourite landmark?

The Temple of Dawn at sunrise...This scenery makes me feel like I am home.

What is the one thing you cannot live without?

My supportive parents and my curious little sister

Who do you most admire?

My parents of course! They passed good times and bad times so elegantly. They taught me by being such great examples. It is better than words.

Who has inspired you most in your life?

The small hill tribe students whom I went to help building their school library and their classrooms in Chiangmai province with the pageant in Thailand give me such a power of life. Some of them had to walk so far away from home everyday to school without shoes, but they told me with their shining eyes that they felt so lucky to be able to go to school. They talked about goals and hopes in their lives. Although they were so small, their hearts were a lot bigger than the bodies. It is really inspiring!

PHOTO GALLERIES

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS