RSS

MISS WORLD WALES 2009 - Lucy Rebecca WHITEHOUSE

PERSONAL INFORMATION

Name : Lucy Rebecca WHITEHOUSE
Age : 21
Height : 168
Languages : Welsh & English

BIOGRAPHY

Lucy is currently working as a nurse in Cardiff, the capital of Wales. She describes herself as confident, unassuming and happy and loves her job as she gets to help others. She once climbed mount Snowdon, the tallest UK mountain South of the Scottish highlands, to raise money for charity. Lucy’s hobbies include horse riding and swimming and she is currently learning to play the piano. Her personal motto is “Live life to the full”.


INTERVIEW

Tell us about your job/studies

I am a nurse at a local hospital, on an orthopedic ward.

How are you preparing for Miss World in South Africa?

I’m dividing my time between working and raising monies for The Joshua Foundation a charity that helps children with terminal cancer achieve their dreams.

What's your daily routine?

My shifts can vary from 6 o’clock start to an evening shift which can take me through to the following morning.

How do you feel about travelling to South Africa?

South Africa will be the farthest I have ever travelled. I am very excited about travelling throughout a country that is so different to Wales.

Which elements of Miss World are you most looking forward to?

Meeting all the other contestants and being part of the Miss World Pageant.

Do you have a message to the other Miss World contestants?

Looking forward to meeting you all in London on the 6th.

What do you think are you qualities that youwill bring to the competition?

Grace and humility.

What individual talents will seperate you from the other contestants?

A great sense of humour.

What would it mean to you to do well at Miss World?

It has been a wonderful experience becoming Miss Wales and the opportunity to be part of Miss World is a once in a life time dream come true and doing well would enable me to continue raising money for good causes and making the Welsh proud of me.

What is your favourite landmark?

The Severn Bridge that crosses over the Bristol Channel joining England to Wales.

What is the one thing you cannot live without?

My mascara!

Who do you most admire?

The doctors and nurses that I work with at the hospital.

Who has inspired you most in your life?

My mum.


PHOTO GALLERIES

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS