RSS

MISS WORLD VENEZUELA 2009 - María MILAGROS VELIZ PINTO

PERSONAL INFORMATION

Name : Maria Milagros VELIZ
Age : 23
Height : 178
Languages : Spanish, English, French & Italian


BIOGRAPHY:

Maria is in her final year of university studying International Business. Hobbies include judo and salsa dancing. She has a white boxer dog named Bandido and a rabbit named Moustache. Her favourite food is seafood. Her motto is “How you do things is more important than what you do”.




INTERVIEW

Tell us about your job/studies

I am in the last year of a BA in international business at the European Business School London. My studies at this university are a dream that I am making real thanks to a scholarship I obtained writing an essay about inequalities. EBS is for me a second family since their treatment to students is unique. I also see then as my parent paying half of my studies and with my effort working on my spare time I help paying the other half working as a sport trainer.


How are you preparing for Miss World in South Africa?

Aside from the train I receive from The Miss Venezuela Organization I have worked for a year with the Cisneros foundation with the child orthopaedic hospital as a volunteer in a social program to work with children and youth in different areas. I want to bring to South Africa the courage and the love for live of the children I have worked with have thought me


What's your daily routine?

I wake up at 6:00am every morning to have time to cook myself some breakfast and prepare my rucksack for the day, before I go to the gym- if I have an early morning activity I will then go to the gym at 8:00pm. I have make up classes at 10:00 am until midday. I have a pause of approx. 30 min for lunch. Then, depending of the day I have a class of photo pose, cat walk, speech, theatre... at the end of the day I prepare something to eat while I watch some movie or cartoons and I spend some time at the phone with my family. I usually go to sleep at 11:00pm. I try to visit any member of a family on Weekends especially on Saturdays if I am not at home doing some cleaning or reading. On Sundays I love when I go to the beach.


How do you feel about travelling to South Africa?

I am looking forward to do it. I love travelling but I do it most of the time with a rucksack and alone, now I am going to be with more than 150 people I feel like at Christmas at home when we all get together to enjoy the celebration.


Which elements of Miss World are you most looking forward to?

To meet people from a different culture that had worked so hard to achieve equality in their country. -The visit to the safari to see the South Africa’s fauna -The team sport games since I love those types of activities; they remind me when as a child I used play with my cousins


Do you have a message to the other Miss World contestants?

That although we are going to be in a competition, in the future, what we are going to remember from this competition are the friends we were able to make.


What do you think are you qualities that youwill bring to the competition?

Since I have done different types of works, I adapt very well to different situations. I bring my love for live and my wiliness to learn from everyone I meet.


What individual talents will seperate you from the other contestants?

I do not feel in the position to comment about the other contestants. All I can say about myself is that as a former athlete I am very familiar with discipline, hard work and healthy competition


What would it mean to you to do well at Miss World?

To demonstrate to the world that me as well as many other women from different countries and cultures are able to share our hopes and beliefs and that a more united world is more important than our physical beauty.


What is your favourite landmark?

The park of Canaima is located in the Bolivar state in Venezuela. It is a place where one feels blessed by God thanks to the splendid nature and it interesting culture.


What is the one thing you cannot live without?

The love of my family


Who do you most admire?

Anyone who is able to be successful in his career without putting aside the family


Who has inspired you most in your life?

I try to draw my inspiration from people I meet in everyday live. If you look closely everyone is a hero in their own way.


PHOTO GALLERIES

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS