RSS

MISS WORLD UKRAINE 2009 - Ievgeniia TULCHEVSKA

PERSONAL INFORMATION

Name : Ievgeniia TULCHEVSKA
Age : 19
Height : 178
Languages : Ukrainian, Russian & English

BIOGRAPHY:

Ievgeniia’s hobbies include travelling, tennis, photography and yoga. She is studying economics at Dnipropetrovsk National University and wants to become a top analyst in her country. Her favourite food is Italian and she likes pop music. She adores animals, owning a cat and a dog. Her personal motto is “Don’t regret the past, be happy to live today and don’t be afraid of the future”.




INTERVIEW

Tell us about your job/studies

My guiding life principle is to be needed and significant in what I do. That is what has determined the choice of my future profession. I am a second-year student at University, the Faculty of Economics. Prosperity of the county, future of the people directly depends on economics first. And I want to participate directly in it.


How are you preparing for Miss World in South Africa?

It takes a lot of time to keep the shape, to prepare clothes for the contest. But I mainly give importance to improvement of my English. While planning this trip, I could not but become interested in the history of the country, which I imagined as marvelous and mysterious in my childhood. I have got to know a lot of interesting things about the history of the South-African people.


What's your daily routine?

Studies take main part of my time. I like to spend my free time with family and close friends. I like to sit in the library, to read some books by classical writers: their cultural heritage is always important, in spite of striking changes in the modern society, unfortunately, not always for the best. I try not to miss any theatre premiers in our city. However, if friends invite me to the disco, I accept their invitation with pleasure. I like to travel. A year ago, I got to know splendid people from the rehabilitation center for handicapped children “Volia”: the talented children, their parents, kind and selfless workers of the center. I wanted to be needed by them. Now, I can be proud of myself. I have prepared a presentation “Beauty against indifference” – this is the smallest thing, I can help this extraordinary people.


How do you feel about travelling to South Africa?

Summer is my favorite season. In will be very cold in Ukraine in November. And I can catch up summer in Africa. For me, it will be the most exotic trip, of which I even did not dare to dream. I used to be carried away by the novelty of far countries in my childhood. Never could I imagine then that I would be given a lucky chance to see Africa.


Which elements of Miss World are you most looking forward to?

“Miss World” is a rare possibility to see representatives of various countries, nationalities, races gathered together in one place and for one purpose. I am sure that exactly these events become symbolic. By setting such high standards, the contest is a stimulus. It will be not easy to win. But difficulties always attracted me.


What do you think are you qualities that youwill bring to the competition?

It is always difficult to talk about yourself. But victory at the contest “Miss Ukraine 2009” became for me one more proof that my self-belief was not groundless. Only a self-confident person can achieve an assigned aim. Exactly this quality of my character helped me more than once in my life.


What individual talents will seperate you from the other contestants?

I understand perfectly well that I will have to compete most worthy competitors. I am proud of this opportunity. Difficulties never frightened my. If yearning for victory may be called a talent, I have it.


What would it mean to you to do well at Miss World?

I am a perfectionist in everything that concerns me. I always try to achieve the best result I am capable of. I know from experience: it is impossible to achieve maximum without pushing yourself to the limit. My name Yevgenia comes from the ancient Greek word “nobleness”. I am ready to fight for the title “Miss World” desperately.


Who has inspired you most in your life?

Once, when I was little, we watched with the family the film “Forest Gump” directed by Robert Zemeckis with Tom Hanks in. I watched it more than once later. The main character, one would think, doomed to take his dust all his life, swallowing constant mockeries of people, could achieve incredible success by his diligence and firmness of purpose. The only premises for it were his nobleness, kindness and open heart. I want to believe that good wins evil not only in fairy tales.


PHOTO GALLERIES

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS