RSS

MISS WORLD ZIMBABWE 2009 - Vanessa Gayle SIBANDA

PERSONAL INFORMATION

Name : Vanessa Gayle SIBANDA
Age : 20
Height : 177
Languages : English, French, Shona & Ndebele

BIOGRAPHY

Vanessa is currently studying for a marketing and public relations diploma. She cites her special talents as singing and dancing and is a skilled musician, capable of playing multiple instruments including drums, guitar and piano. Her dream is to become a businesswomen working in the fashion industry and her personal motto is “Be persistent if you want to win”.





INTERVIEW

Tell us about your job/studies

I am currently studying for a Diploma in Marketing and Public Relations. The Diploma comprises of 10 Modules, which include International Marketing, Public Relations, Sales and Selling, Economics among others. The programme will equip me with the right marketing skills and also the ability to deal with the public in both the business and social world. Professionally, I am attached with the Zimbabwe Tourism Authority, where I am taking my role as a Tourism Ambassador promoting as well as marketing Zimbabwe as an ultimate tourist destination to both local and international markets.


How are you preparing for Miss World in South Africa?

As a well renowned global pageant that has stood the test of time, preparing for the Miss World Pageant has been the wonderful experience for me. I have been doing deportment, grooming and presentation skills training to enable me to compete at a global level with other beauties vying for the same title. I have also been working with several Zimbabwean designers to come up with the best National costume, regalia for the Talent competition and the Evening gown for the final competition. I believe, we learn new things through other people’s experiences, as such I have been working with the former Miss Zimbabwe, who participated at the Miss World and also doing a thorough research of what other countries do, getting the world’s current affairs to keep me abreast with what is taking place the world over. More so, looking at one of the most successful project presented by the pageant , ‘Beauty with a Purpose’ , I have been working hard in various charity programmes under the theme, ‘Supporting Children, Building a Better Zimbabwe, for the future of the World’, revitalizing lost hopes especially in Children. This has seen me exploring and addressing hidden problems of communities in Zimbabwe.


How do you feel about travelling to South Africa?

As a neighboring country, South Africa has always been my favourite. I am so excited to be in South Africa and really can’t wait to appreciate the best that it can offer. More so, meeting up with beauties from different nations in South Africa presents me with an honour to learn new things and experiences.


Which elements of Miss World are you most looking forward to?

I must say am looking forward to all the elements of the pageant for I believe each and every phase I go through at the Miss World will develop me as an individual and a model in all aspect be it social, physical and emotional well-being. However, I am mostly looking forward to the Miss World Talent , Fashion Top Model, Sports Woman and above all the Beauty with a Purpose element, in which I will be able to showcase as well as appreciate what other contestants has been doing during their reign to save lost and desperate lives.


Do you have a message to the other Miss World contestants?

Yes, I would want them to know that the most important thing is to perform to the very best of their abilities during Miss World, without loosing their identity and above all just being themselves. I must say, ‘Let the spirit of love, togetherness and impartiality prevail among us during the camp as well as the finals for beauty comes from within and reflects on the outside.


What do you think are you qualities that youwill bring to the competition?

I have always been a compassionate person; this is the reason why I did not find it hard to undertake charity programmes to the sick, orphaned and less privileged in my country during my reign. It is this quality that I will spread forever and wherever I go. I will bring the sprit of togetherness, confidence-building, accommodating and above all encouragement despite the fact that we will be competing for the same title.


What would it mean to you to do well at Miss World?

Doing well or winning the Miss World title for me will be my best dream come true, because I feel the world is at a stage whereby we need young voices to speak out on how to make the world a peaceful paradise and a better place for the generations to come. It will give me the platform to source for bigger funds to make a positive difference to children, widows, disabled and underprivileged people, world over. I would like to see every child no matter from which continent to have the right to education and sanitation. More so, this will give me the opportunity to advocate for women’s rights and bringing light to the most prejudiced.


What is your favourite landmark?

In terms of my favourite geographical landmark, Zimbabwe has always been the best for it is indulged with several wonders ranging from the Magnificent Victoria Falls – the Smoke that Thunders, the Great Zimbabwe Ruins, the Majestic Eastern Highlands and the pristine wildlife (Big Five) among others.


What is the one thing you cannot live without?

I certainly cannot live without communication because it keeps me up to date with new ideas and updates on what is happening world over.


Who do you most admire?

I admire my mother because to me ever since I was young she has always been a pillar of strength, determined and loving through trying times.


Who has inspired you most in your life?

Oprah Winfrey because she has conquered against all odds to become the most influential woman who has improved so many people's lives, encouraging and helping many women to discover themselves


PHOTO GALLERIES

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS