RSS

MISS CHINESE TAIPEI EARTH 2010 - Hsing-Jung Liu

PERSONAL PARTICULARS


Birth name : Hsing-Jung Liu
Birth Date: (age 19)
Birth place : Taipei
Height : 1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)
Weight: 50 kg
Measurements: 86 - 66 – 94
Occupation:
Eye color :
Hair color :
Title(s) :

BIOGRAPHY:



INTERVIEW:

When I was in school, I joined a lot of team-competitions. It made me realize the importance of teamwork and the importance of helping each other.

Describe your childhood when you were growing up from 8 to 13 years old.

Just like all girls, I loved to play with my friends and I was curious about everything. Everyday, all I expected was going to school studying and playing with my friends.

When I was 10, my father passed away so my mother had to raise me, and my three sisters all by herself.

It was very hard for a woman to do it, but she did it without complaining. Sometimes, she also took us with her to volunteer in the temple and hospitals.

When I was in elementary school, I joined the school orchestra and I fell deeply in love with music. Aside from the orchestra, I also learned the Chinese instrument- Guzheng.

What lessons did you learn from your childhood/growing years?

When I was in school, I joined a lot of team-competitions. It made me realize the importance of teamwork and the importance of helping each other.

Another lesson I learned had to with my father's passing away. It made me more understanding and levelheaded compared to others. And it made me realize that I should cherish the time I have with my family, friends, and everyone I love.

What is your most memorable moment?

My most memorable moment was when I joined Miss Taiwan in 2009. I won three awards that night: Miss Photogenic, Miss Bikini and Best in Evening Dress. I also ended up winning the second prize. I was impressed with the cheers of the audience. My mother, who was also part of the audience, was filled with happiness and pleasure. I think that night is the best gift I have ever given to her.

What is your environmental advocacy?

Although Taiwan is an important transportation hub in Asia, it is also a country with frequent natural disasters like earthquakes and typhoons, and it also has a high population density and lacks natural resources. Therefore, focusing on the integration of environment and resources, conservation of land is a must to ensure the conservation of the country, symbiosis and sustainable development in Taiwan.

In Taiwan, there is an inadequate protection of land and water resources. Inadequate forest conservation in the river upstream and over-deforestation in the river midstream lead to insufficient groundwater, causing floods and drought frequently. If the Ministry of Environment and Resources can handle all these water resources, including upstream, midstream and downstream, it will help to integrate the conservation of environmental resources and the use of land and resources to achieve full coordination.

We must consider both the environmental protection and how the natural resources can be of use to human beings at the same time. I suggest making the national park authority a unit for management. It can manage through many counties. The purpose is for species or resource maintenance, so that the national parks' concerns and the indigenous activities may be combined. The aboriginal and traditional economics and the protection of the environment can be combined into national park managing plans such as, allowing indigenous peoples to hunt in a controlled setting so that not only can the conservation of natural species be implemented, but the counseling of aboriginal employment to maintain the indigenous culture can also be preserved.

Nowadays the issue of carbon emission is becoming more and more important. It is certainly a really serious problem for us in the future. But we can actually easily help reduce carbon emissions in our daily life by taking public transportation or riding a bicycle instead of driving a car, and by not littering. We can help by starting with ourselves because it's everyone's responsibility to protect the earth.


PHOTO GALLERY




Special thanks to Wikipedia, GlobalBeauties, & Miss Earth Official Website &

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS