RSS

MISS INDONESIA EARTH 2010 - Jessica Aurelia Tji

PERSONAL PARTICULARS


Birth name : Jessica Aurelia Tji
Birth Date: (age 24)
Birth place : Jakarta
Height : 1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)
Weight: 55 kilos
Measurements: 86-63-91
Occupation:
Eye color :
Hair color :
Title(s) :

BIOGRAPHY:



INTERVIEW:

I've learned that in every society, there are certain norms, beliefs and cultures to be followed. Growing up, my parents always put great emphasis on self-respect, discipline and hard work. They taught me and my brothers that nothing in life comes for free so if we want something, we have to earn it.

Describe your childhood when you were growing up from 8 to 13 years old.

Being the oldest and the only daughter in a family of four children, I spent much of my childhood playing with my brothers. At age nine, I had a great desire to learn English and I successfully persuaded my parents to send me overseas to study in Singapore. While in Singapore, I stayed in an international dormitory with students from various countries. This experience taught me to be independent, made it easy for me to adapt to new environments and gave me the ability to communicate effectively with people from different cultures and backgrounds.

What lessons did you learn from your childhood/growing years?

I've learned that in every society, there are certain norms, beliefs and cultures to be followed. Growing up, my parents always put great emphasis on self-respect, discipline and hard work. They taught me and my brothers that nothing in life comes for free so if we want something, we have to earn it. I remember how my father would tell me to present him with a complete proposal detailing the pros and cons of purchasing a particular toy that I had asked for. I believe that these lessons have shaped me into the person I am today. They have proven true in helping me overcoming the different phases of my life so far.

What is your most memorable moment?

My most memorable moment was a visit to the disabled children facility in my hometown, Jakarta. Children in this particular orphanage are suffering from various physical and mental disabilities. These kids rarely get any visitors. Even their own relatives as are frightened with their afflictions and some assume that their illnesses might be infectious. Seeing these kids and witnessing their sufferings was truly an eye opener for me, and it serves as a reminder to never take all the blessings in my life for granted. Given the opportunity, I vow to contribute more to many other facilities such as that orphanage in Indonesia.

What is your environmental advocacy?

The number one environmental issue in Indonesia is deforestation due to illegal logging. With the ever-growing commercial demand for timber coupled with scarcer global supplies, it is one of the most sought after natural resources in today's modern world. This resulted in unrestricted and unsupervised mass logging activities, which have been going on for decades. Despite the government's measures to curb deforestation, recent statistics made by an international forestry agency show that 80% of the nation's export of timber still comes from illegal logging.

The impact of deforestation is critical: pushing our endangered species (Sumatran Rhino, Orang Utans, etc) to extinction, increasing the probability of natural disasters (flood, landslide) and contributing to the risk of global warming.


PHOTO GALLERY




Special thanks to Wikipedia, GlobalBeauties, & Miss Earth Official Website &

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS