RSS

MISS WORLD PUERTO RICO 2009 - Jennifer COLON

PERSONAL INFORMATION

Name : Jennifer COLON
Age : 20
Height : 175
Languages : Spanish & English


BIOGRAPHY

Jennifer is at university studying to become an architect. Her hobbies include volleyball, playing piano and painting. She has a special interest in fine art and classical music. Her favourite food is sushi and her drink of choice is tea. Jennifer’s personal motto is “In life the most important thing is not falling down, it is how you get up and carry on”.




INTERVIEW

Tell us about your job/studies

I am an architecture student at the Polytechnic University in Puerto Rico , I enjoy studying the history of art and design and I am a professional model.

How are you preparing for Miss World in South Africa?

My preparation consists on going to the gym, reading a lot, I have many meetings with a lot of designers of my beautiful country of Puerto Rico so that we can decide what clothing I am going to wear and I am also working a lot with my beauty with a purpose project.

What's your daily routine?

I wake up every day at 7:00 am, I have breakfast, I play the piano for one hour then I walk my dog, I take a shower and I read for one hour after all that I start to work on my beauty with a purpose project, then I go to the gym, I take protocol and good posture classes, I also go to the designer fittings and at night I walk my dog again. I do all of these including dancing lessons and all of the duties that I have as Miss World Puerto Rico in my country.

How do you feel about travelling to South Africa?

I am very exited because it is a one in a life time opportunity to represent my country in the beautiful continent of Africa, I am also exited because I have the chance to meet a lot of beautiful women from around the globe.

Which elements of Miss World are you most looking forward to?

I am really looking forward to meet all of the beautiful women from around the globe and to learn from their country but I think the element that I am most looking forward is the experience and how this experience can help me to grow as a person and to expand my knowledge of the world.

Do you have a message to the other Miss World contestants?

Yes, I want to tell them to enjoy this experience but also that everything in life happens for a reason, Wisdom is often meant as the ability and desire to make choices and we made the choice to compete in this wonderful opportunity of Miss World 2009 that means that we have the chance to change the world by making people happy and we could do that by doing charity. A very wise man once said that ''happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions''. -Dalai Lama

What do you think are you qualities that youwill bring to the competition?

In the competition I am just going to be Me every time and I consider myself as a person with a lot of faith, a lot of love and compassion, life taught me through my brother who is handicap, that you have to be very perseverant but also that the beauty in life is to make people happy, and that is what I want to do I want to help people by making them happy.

What individual talents will seperate you from the other contestants?

I love to play the piano and I love fine arts, I also like to model and I love Photography.

What would it mean to you to do well at Miss World?

I think that it means to do my best and to enjoy the experience and have fun, but also without forgetting the essence of life and of the pageant and that is to help others.

What is your favourite landmark?

I love the Taj Mahal in India because is regarded as one of the wonders of the world, and because it is an architectural beauty and it has a love story.

What is the one thing you cannot live without?

I cannot live without my chocolates. :)

Who do you most admire?

I really admire my mom, she is a nurse and she is a hard working woman, she takes a good care of my brother who has a disease and even though she works a lot she always has time to spend with me and she is my number one fan and I love her a lot.

Who has inspired you most in your life?

The person that has inspired my life and who has helped me to grow as a person and to have a very different vision of life is my brother, his name is Jose Antonio Colon and he is 17 years old, he has a disease called hyperglycaemia non ketotic, he is always in bed because the disease affects his normal activities. My brother is an example of perseverance and love of life. Mahatma Ghandi said: Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will, and my brother is an example of that , he has inspired not only my life but also the life of many persons, and that is why I admire him a lot.


PHOTO GALLERIES



  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS