RSS

MISS WORLD SERBIA 2009 - Jelena MARKOVIC

PERSONAL INFORMATION

Name : Jelena MARKOVIC
Age : 20
Height : 175
Languages : Serbian, English, Italian & Russian

BIOGRAPHY:

Jelena is currently studying law at university and has ambitions to be a lawyer or a TV journalist. Her hobbies include karate and singing and her favourite food is authentic Italian pasta. She enjoys giving something back to the community and has had active roles volunteering for AIDS and cancer charities. Jelena’s personal motto is “Watch the game as a spectator or take chances - the choice is yours!”




INTERVIEW

Tell us about your job/studies

I am currently a student of law and I think that my biggest success in this branch will be when I start to use my knowledge united with my sense for justice, because I think that the main role of law is to help people and protect their rights. I am sure that education is most important thing in the modern world. That’s why I’m happy because I have got the scholarship for post graduated studies given to me by the Miss Serbia organisation. Actually all finalist received a 4 year scholarship.


How are you preparing for Miss World in South Africa?

I am very responsible and I started to prepare for this pageant very seriously, I am looking for the most interesting things I can say about my country. Physical preparation is also very important. I am practicing for the talent show and I will give the best of myself in every part of competition.


What's your daily routine?

I wake up very early, with music, and start to carry out my obligations for that day, always with a smile because I enjoy every single day. Then I go to School. Also I learn languages in private school: Italian language is one of my favourites. I am practicing karate and dens. Karate is the best sport for me because now that is my style of life, to have mental and physical strength, to respect others and to live your life created by your own rules, and to be dignified. I have a lot of friends and I cannot imagine my day without them. They are, together with my family, the biggest support to me.


How do you feel about travelling to South Africa?

It is my honor to participate in the biggest competition in the world and I am glad because it is in such an exotic location. I enjoy travelling and this is the nicest gift I could get, because I am going to spend my birthday in South Africa! (4th December)


Which elements of Miss World are you most looking forward to?

I am sure that main idea of this pageant is not just about which of us is the nicest and most good looking. I think that it is about which of us has the greatest personality, because our personality is our best accessory, and Miss World has to be Miss always, with or without the crown!


Do you have a message to the other Miss World contestants?

I am very friendly and one of the most important things is to meet the other girls and I am ready to make friends:)


What do you think are you qualities that youwill bring to the competition?

Triple A - Ambitious, Active and Art soul. I am creative person, and I like to share my day with others because I think that every person has something special. I know to recognize that.


What individual talents will seperate you from the other contestants?

Beside the talent for dancing, I am good in acting because I know to express emotions. I am very good in public speaking because it is a part of my future profession. One of my greatest talents is writing, I won a lot of prizes and one of the dearest to me was from Association for the struggle against a cancer in Serbian area, and I am very proud on it.


What is the one thing you cannot live without?

Without optimism and passion for living life.


Who has inspired you most in your life?

The man who has inspired me the most was one man who is selling chestnuts in the street. When it is cold, hot, raining, he is always smiling and wishes me a nice day. Even he is not in a big function, but is dignified in his behavior and he always reminds me that your life will be great if you watch on it like a privilege



PHOTO GALLERIES

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS