RSS

MISS WORLD SCOTLAND 2009 - Katharine Arkley BROWN

PERSONAL INFORMATION

Name : Katharine Arkley BROWN
Age : 22
Height : 180
Languages : English & Spanish

BIOGRAPHY

Katharine hails from Dunblane, central Scotland and is currently working as an actor and tennis coach. She honed her acting and camera skills whilst studying at the New York Film Academy. Hobbies include sports such as boxing and golf and her favourite music is R’n’B and Hip-Hop. Her dream in life is to become a world renowned actor. Katharine’s favourite cuisine is Indian and her proudest moment was the day she passed her driving test as it gave her a huge sense of freedom. Her personal motto is “Reach for the stars but keep your feet on the ground”.

INTERVIEW

Tell us about your job/studies

I am an actor and a tennis coach. I love acting as I enjoy learning to play the character to help me become that person - stepping into someone else's shoes on set. It helps you to understand different people and their actions in a non-judgemental way. It allows you to express yourself and connect with situations that are not in your everyday life. I think it is a beautiful art and one which can influence others and entertain millions of people. Tennis coaching is so much fun for me because I love to give back and help others. Tennis is my passion and wherever I am in the world, if I am on a tennis court, I feel absolutely at home. It makes me so happy to see young children playing tennis I enjoyed it so much throughout my childhood. Encouraging anybody to play sport is very important to me as I believe sport helps many problems such as confidence issues, obesity and even mild depression. Most importantly, sport is a great way to have fun whilst improving your abilities and health.

How are you preparing for Miss World in South Africa?

I am preparing for Miss World in many different ways. I am rehearsing my talent, getting my wardrobe together, working out, focusing my mind and having fun whilst preparing for this monumental event – this is the most important thing! I think being a contestant in Miss World is a great honour and I am excited to be getting ready to represent my country.

What's your daily routine?

Every day of my life is different – I don’t have a set routine which is what I find so enjoyable about my life at the moment. I generally wake up around 7am, go for a run, then set about tackling each day’s challenges.

How do you feel about travelling to South Africa?

I have been to South Africa before and I love to travel for work or vacation. I am lucky to be going there again as South Africa is a wonderful country.

Which elements of Miss World are you most looking forward to?

I imagine all elements of the competition will be exciting and enjoyable. However, the final of Miss World could change my life forever and give me the opportunity to help millions of people from all over the world.

Do you have a message to the other Miss World contestants?

I am very much looking forward to sharing the experience of Miss World in South Africa together with all the other contestants and to learn about their culture and make new friends.

What do you think are you qualities that youwill bring to the competition?

I believe I have focus and great energy, a kind heart…hopefully these qualities will shine throughout the competition.

What individual talents will seperate you from the other contestants?

I am full of life and enjoy everything I do and experience. I also hope my individual talent of performing and my ambition will make me stand out from the other girls.

What would it mean to you to do well at Miss World?

Everything. Not only for me but for my country which I am incredibly proud of. It will also inspire many young girls from all over the world to believe in themselves and to have an opportunity to really make a difference in other people’s life. It takes a lot of hard work and self belief no matter what to be successful and I am prepared to give 110%. I can only do my best and hopefully make my country proud.

What is your favourite landmark?

My favourite city in the world in New York City so naturally my favourite landmark is the Empire State Building. It has been the symbol of New York City and the cynosure of its skyline. On a clear day, the Empire State Building offers an 80-mile panoramic view of the city and the world beyond.

What is the one thing you cannot live without?

I cannot live without my toothbrush – otherwise I couldn’t smile and talk to people confidently!

Who do you most admire?

I most admire my mother because she carries on and works hard in her life, no matter what, and does anything she can for her children – she is a great role model for me and I hope to be the same when I am older.

Who has inspired you most in your life?

I have been inspired by many different people…from sport stars such as Roger Federer and Andy Murray, to actors such as Leonardo Di Caprio and Kate Winslet. Not one single person but a collective group who are top of their game. Natural talent and dedication is very inspiring for me.


PHOTO GALLERIES

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS