RSS

MISS WORLD RUSSIA 2009 - Ksenia SHIPILOVA

PERSONAL INFORMATION

Name : Ksenia SHIPILOVA
Age : 18
Height : 175
Languages : Russian, Bulgarian & English


BIOGRAPHY

Ksenia is at university studying for a design degree and her ambition is to open her own watch boutique. Her favourite hobbies are basketball, volleyball, swimming and ping-pong and she enjoys playing the piano. She describes herself as confident, reliable and responsible. Her motto is “Live life with no regrets”.

INTERVIEW

Tell us about your job/studies

I am a second year student at a Textile Academy, in the department of Design and Cultural Services. I am also studying in the Economics department, majoring in "Economics and Management", which will be my second university degree.

How are you preparing for Miss World in South Africa?

I have a very busy schedule. I go to the gym regularly, exercise with a trainer, take modeling classes and watch videos of previous Miss World contests. I participate in various charity projects which I hope to show to the world at Miss World 2009. And, of course, I keep up with my English lessons.

What's your daily routine?

Everyday I get up at 8 a.m., have breakfast, do my morning exercises and go to classes. After the classes I visit the gym and do sports like swimming or tennis. In the evenings I meet my friends, do my homework and read books. Now as I am preparing for Miss World contest I do not have a single free minute.

How do you feel about travelling to South Africa?

I am very excited with the opportunity to go South Africa. I have heard a lot about this beautiful country with its unique diverse culture.

Which elements of Miss World are you most looking forward to?

The Miss World contest is a great opportunity for girls from different countries to meet together, and get to know the culture of different people from all over the world. This is very important for me.

Do you have a message to the other Miss World contestants?

The Miss World contest is the unique opportunity for the girls to show their personality. I think all the contestants are winners already and I wish them success both at the contest and in their lives.

What do you think are you qualities that youwill bring to the competition?

I think that my determination, single-mindedness and patience will help me in the competition and in making new friends.

What would it mean to you to do well at Miss World?

It would be a great personal accomplishment and a platform to bring the important issues like charity into the consciousness of more people in the world.

What is your favourite landmark?

My favorite place is Red Square. This place is the reminiscence of many precious moments of my life.

What is the one thing you cannot live without?

I cannot imagine my life without books. I always have one in my handbag.

Who do you most admire?

The person I most admire is my mother. She has a very strong personality. She raised my sister and me. All my achievements were impossible without her support. Her opinion is very important for me.

Who has inspired you most in your life?

My family has always inspired me. Last year I was inspired by Ksenia Sukhinova, who won Miss World title for our country and proved that Russian girls are among the most beautiful in the world.

PHOTO GALLERIES

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS