RSS

MISS WORLD TAHITI (FRENCH POLYNESIA) 2009 - Nanihi Emmanuelle BAMBRIDGE

PERSONAL INFORMATION

Name : Nanihi Emmanuelle BAMBRIDGE
Age : 19
Height : 171
Languages : French, English & Spanish

BIOGRAPHY

Nanihi is currently studying for a degree in science and mathematics. Once she has achieved this, her goal is to start up her own import/export business. The most memorable day of her life was when she went swimming with manta rays, sharks and exotic fish off the island of Rangiroa. Nanihi describes herself as open minded and willing to help others. Her hobbies include classical dance and ballet and she loves spending time on the beach. Her personal motto is “My country, my pride”.



INTERVIEW

Tell us about your job/studies

I am currently in my second and last year studying international business at the French Chamber of Commerce of French Polynesia. In the future I would like to have my own import-export business.

How are you preparing for Miss World in South Africa?

I am so thrilled to be able to represent French Polynesia at Miss World that I started to get ready soon after I was crowned. I am going to the gym 3 times a week and I have a trainer helping me there. I also get the help from a coach, we work on my runway walk and the postures on stage. A make-up artist is teaching me how to apply the perfect make-up for every kind of situation, like a simple make up for the day or a more sophisticated one for the evening. I had a few appointments as well with the dress designer who is preparing my wardrobe for the competition. I have been attending a few galas, shows and charities as well and it has helped me tremendously with how to act around people during these evenings. I have also been reading a lot about South Africa which looks fascinating. My coach lived there for 4 years and told me a lot about this magnificent country.

What's your daily routine?

Every week day I wake up at 7 am. I have a healthy breakfast of fresh grapefruit and pineapple juice then I go to school until 5 pm. After my classes are over I go to the gym and workout with my personal trainer for 1 hour. I then go home, do my homework and have dinner with my family. We usually have fish and some vegetables. I watch the news on TNTV and I have a goodnight sleep. During the week end I go to Lafayette beach on the east coast of the island of Tahiti and have a run before enjoying the sun and the beautiful black sand beaches. I sometimes meet up with my friends and we have long chats about our studies and our lives.

How do you feel about travelling to South Africa?

It is obvious that South Africa is a new place for me, actually Africa as a whole is all new to me... It looks amazing and I can't wait to land there. I am fascinated by this place where I will be able to see wildlife, amazing sceneries and the diverse culture of its people. South Africa is also the homeland of Nelson Mandela who is probably one of the most important men in the world and most certainly one of the most charismatic figures of the past century and this century. Another amazing and famous "South African" is Ghandi who lived in Durban for many years. I feel so lucky and blessed to be able to visit the country that was and is the home of two major politicians who wrote History for the world. Another fascinating point is the fact that South Africa will host the Football World Cup in 2010 and I am happy to know that I will see the country that will play host to a major sports event.

Which elements of Miss World are you most looking forward to?

To be honest, winning is an extra.. After talking to former beauty queens from French Polynesia who competed internationally, what I am really looking forward to is meeting the other girls and build friendships with them. I am hoping to make good friends and later visit them in their homeland and also have the chance to welcome them in my home. It is such an opportunity to meet so many ambassadors in one place and be able to "travel" the world while staying in one place!

Do you have a message to the other Miss World contestants?

Let's make the most of the time we are given together. Yes it is a competition but it is also an opportunity to showcase our homeland and show the world that we can be united and be one world !

What do you think are you qualities that youwill bring to the competition?

We are all beautiful girls, we could all win this competition. What might make me stronger than the other girls is probably the fact that I do not have a wealthy background and that what I have I fought for or my parents fought for.

What individual talents will seperate you from the other contestants?

I can't sing, I can't paint, I can't play an instrument but I'm aware of it. I might discover later that I can create recipes for amazing dishes or that I can design an award winning vase. but as of today my talent is to recognize that I haven't got one that I am aware of !

What would it mean to you to do well at Miss World?

It will mean that the people who trusted me with the Miss French Polynesia crown were right and that I managed to be a good Ambassador to the world. It will mean that the Polynesians can be proud of me and that I have managed to show the world that such a tiny string of islands exist!

What is your favourite landmark?

I have never been to Europe and I will be able to see the Champs Elysées for the first time just before I go to London. I have always wanted to see this avenue which is my favourite landmark !

What is the one thing you cannot live without?

A bottle of water ! pure and simple... water is life !

Who do you most admire?

Both my parents. It might lack originality but if a child doesn't admire his/her parents he/she won't have a solid foundation for future relationships and respect.

Who has inspired you most in your life?

My mother is a stay-at-home mom and her job might be the most ungrateful one as no one recognizes it ! Everywhere you have everyday heros that you pass by in the street and no one will ever know they are the inspiration of a coworker, a son, a wife... Mine is my mother because she is my unsung everyday hero !

PHOTO GALLERIES

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS