RSS

MISS WORLD ZAMBIA 2009 - Sekwila MUMBA


PERSONAL INFORMATION

Name : Sekwila MUMBA
Age : 23
Height : 174
Languages :


BIOGRAPHY

Sekwila has a degree in IT and her ambition is to achieve a masters in the subject. She enjoys horse riding and salsa dancing. Her favourite food is Indian. “Don’t give up until the very end is her personal motto”.

INTERVIEW

Tell us about your job/studies

I have a Bachelors Degree in Information Systems, I recently completed a course in CISCO and I am working as an IT Officer in the Financial Sector.

How are you preparing for Miss World in South Africa?

I am preparing for Miss World by taking my exercise routine more seriously, making all necessary preparations of wardrobe, and reading up on other countries as I am very excited to be part of such a “World” gathering, 120 counties, fascinating but most of all I preparing myself mentally.

What's your daily routine?

I wake up early, usually in the office by 7:30, work, lunch break, Knock off at 17:30 and head for the gym; after wards meet the designers and maybe friends for chit chat then home.

How do you feel about travelling to South Africa?

First of all I am proud that I am part of this vibrant continent. Although South Africa is a stone throw away from Zambia, travelling always broadens the mind, I am looking forward to adventures that South Africa has to offer.

Which elements of Miss World are you most looking forward to?

Wow…., almost everything, I am looking forward to meeting the other contestants, networking and sharing experiences and ideas. Most of all I am looking forward to competing for the prestige’s title.

Do you have a message to the other Miss World contestants?

To my fellow contestants coming this far to represent our countries thumbs up or high five, we all winners and am excited to meet beautiful and intelligent women who share the same vision of “beauty with a purpose”

What do you think are you qualities that youwill bring to the competition?

I am a social person, fun open minded and egger to learn new things.

What individual talents will seperate you from the other contestants?

I learn languages very quickly so I am ready to be bi lingual during the pageant, I will also show of my skills of Zambian traditional dancing to my fellow contestants.

What would it mean to you to do well at Miss World?

Doing well at the Miss World would make my family and most of all my country proud as this has not been achieved before. This would give me a platform to be heard on issues that most affect the African Girl Child. And of course, a dream comes true.

What is your favourite landmark?

My favourite land mark without a doubt is the mighty Victoria Falls, one of the world’s Seven Natural wonders. Best viewed from the Zambian side the Victoria Falls is the largest body of cascading water in the world. The magnificent breath taking Victoria Falls or “Mosi o Tunya” “the smoke that thunders” as it is known to the locals is a must see it can’t be explained

What is the one thing you cannot live without?

My family, they have always been there for me, I am who I am because of their love and support. Most of all they accept me for who I am.

Who has inspired you most in your life?

My father inspires me ,if it wasn't for him I wouldn't be here in this position today, he has taught me how to be a strong diligent young woman and is my mentor rasing the 10 children ,providing us all with a good education.

PHOTO GALLERIES


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS