RSS

MISS WORLD SURINAME 2009 - Zoureena Saviera Nazrul RIJGER

PERSONAL INFORMATION

Name : Zoureena Saviera Nazrul RIJGER
Age : 18
Height : 171
Languages : Dutch, English & Portuguese


BIOGRAPHY

Zoureena is studying for a degree in tourism and leisure management. Her hobbies include acting and swimming and her talents are singing and dancing. She has performed with her father who is a country music artist. She has a love for animals owning ten dogs and one cat. Her personal motto is “Go for gold if you know you can reach silver”.



INTERVIEW

Tell us about your job/studies

I'm a Tourism & Leisure student at University. I received the Most Outstanding Student Award last Sunday


How are you preparing for Miss World in South Africa?

Taking dance and singing classes. Working out daily and I am busy with my social project.


What's your daily routine?

I usually wake up, have healthy breakfast and I get ready for my exercise routine. After that I spend approximately 3 hours on my schoolwork. I have lunch with my family. After that I make contact with the Miss Suriname Organization to go over my schedule. In the evening after dinner with my family we sit together and go over my schedule for the next day and we talk about how each other's day was.


How do you feel about travelling to South Africa?

I'm really excited. I’ve never been that far away from home so it will be different but still a whole new experience for me. I know I can do this, that’s why I'm going to make the best out of it.


Which elements of Miss World are you most looking forward to?

I'm looking forward to meeting the other contestants, sharing information about each others country and seeing South Africa.


Do you have a message to the other Miss World contestants?

I wish them all the best. Always be yourself, be confident and treat people the way you want to be treated. May the best girl win.


What do you think are you qualities that youwill bring to the competition?

My confidence. I'm open minded to meeting new people with different backgrounds and cultures so that I can learn more and share my new experiences with the people in my country.


What individual talents will seperate you from the other contestants?

My Traditional dance and my Traditional costume.


What would it mean to you to do well at Miss World?

It would mean a lot, because I'm representing my country. I want to make Suriname proud.


What is your favourite landmark?

The Eiffel tower


What is the one thing you cannot live without?

My family.


Who do you most admire?

My mom, because she is a very strong woman. A woman you can take a good example of. A woman who is very independent, who's always there for her children and loves each of them with all her heart. She’s a great mother and I'm proud to be her daughter. When I have children later I want to be a good mother just like her.


Who has inspired you most in your life?

My dad, because he has so much love and patience in his heart for everyone, especially for his children and wife. He’s always trying to see the positive side in every situation. He’s always there for me. Believing in me that I can achieve anything I set my mind to.


Do you have any pets?

I have a puppy named Fluffy and a kitty cat named Menthe.


PHOTO GALLERIES

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS